An Empire In Change
The Shadow Elves were driven from High Elf society a millennia ago. They were a radical group that believed in entropy and its eventual victory over all energy. Over time their darker nature caused their skin to turn a dark grey color until they evolved into a completely separate species of elf. Over time they have become experts in the trades of death, becoming some of the best assassins in the world. Their reputation for succeeding on impossible missions is unparalleled.
Because of the animosity High Elves have for Shadow Elves, the Shadow Elves have become masters of disguise and stealth. Additionally they have developed a unique martial arts style that incorporates empty hand techniques with sword play. This style has only been taught to handful of non-elves and is never taught to a High Elf.
The Shadow Elf clans trained the original masters of the five ninja clans of No-Noma. These clans will provide aide to Shadow Elves on a mission, and the clans have an obligation to answer the Shadow Elves call for aide if it ever comes. They made an alliance with the original Emperor Vargoss. In exchange for training elite troops of his army and providing security against assassination, the Shadow Elves have their own Barony in the south, Iretsa that is overseen be the clan council, and he allowed them to drive the High Elves from the Vargoss Empire.
Shadow Elves tend to be serious and business like. They understand the nature of entropy and that they too will one day die, so they do not fear death and have no problem dealing in the business of death.
Shadow Elves embrace entropy, but they appreciate the value of order until entropy wins. They tend towards Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil. They are rarely Chaotic Evil as they do not endorse violence for violence’s sake.
Almost all Shadow Elves worship Kardis, the God of Entropy and Chaos. This is not an organized religion among the Shadow Elves, but a more personal worship that each elf chooses. Owing to the nature of Entropy, Shadow Elves tend to be fatalistic.
Shadow Elves speak a variation of High Elf. It is a little simpler language then High Elf and usually not spoken outside of the clans. Bonus languages Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
Shadow Elf Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution. Like High Elves Shadow Elves are graceful but frail.
- Base land speed: 30 feet
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against mental compulsions and effects.
- Low Light Vision
- Weapon Proficiency: Improved Unarmed Combat, Longsword and Longbow.
- +5 racial bonus on Hide, Move Silently and Search. A shadow Elf passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as if she had been actively looking for it.
- Poison Use. Shadow Elves are so comfortable with poison that they never risk poisoning themselves when using it.
- Favored Class: Ninja
The Plains Dwarves are a nomadic group that lives on the Alteza plains in the Vargoss Empire. They have a few permanent towns, but the majority of small clans move with the seasons following the grains that the horses they raise feed on. They provide some of the finest horses and warhorses in all of Arinoss to merchants and the Vargoss Army. And are the foremost war horse trainers in all of Arinoss.
Plains Dwarves are born to the saddle and are some of the finest horseman in all of Arionss. The feats of Plains riders are legendary and border on the super natural. In addition to raising horses for the Vargoss Empire, Plains Dwarves serve in and command cavalry units for Vargoss army. Many young nobles spend time at the training academy in Kartena, the capital city of the Alteza Barony.
Plains Dwarves prefer heavy armor and large weapons when mounted and in combat. Plains Dwarves are not quick to anger, but when they do they can be a terrifying force. This rage gives the Dwarf greater strength, but it tempers their intelligence. This rage combined with the appearance of their armor produces a truly terrifying image on the battlefield.
Plains Dwarves are independent and free spirits. They like wide open spaces and are most at home on the back of a horse. They are prone to joking and generally have a positive outlook. It takes a lot to make a Plains Dwarf angry, and when that happens they can fly into a deadly rage.
Plains Dwarves tend to be chaotic. The fury that is within them makes them chaff against law and organized society.
The Plains Dwarves worship Anaretta, the goddess of fury. She is the goddess that is responsible for the fire in men’s hearts.
Plains Dwarves speak the same language as other Dwarves.
Plains Dwarf Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution; -2 Wisdom
- Base Land Speed 20 ft. Plains Dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Dark Vision 60 ft
- Ambush Sense: Plains Dwarves have the ability to sense an ambush when in natural surroundings. They get +2 racial bonus on Spot checks to see an ambush when in a natural setting
- Rage. Plains Dwarves have an innate ability to enter a rage once a day. This rage functions like the Barbarian Rage class feature, and can be used to qualify for feats that require rage.
- Weapon Familiarity: Plains Dwarves are proficient with Bastard Swords and Heavy Lances
- Racial Skills: Ride, Survival. Plains Dwarves are born to the saddle and are self reliant.
- Stability: Plains Dwarves get a +4 bonus on checks to resist Bull Rush and Trip attempts when on solid ground or horse back
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws to resist poison
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities *Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran
- Favored Class: Barbarian